You want to divorce your spouse and want to initiate proceedings in Madison. Expectedly, you want to know how to go forward with the petition. The truth is most people do not understand the legal jargon involved in a divorce. It only makes sense to seek legal counsel and find an attorney who can represent your interests. If you wish to consult an attorney right away, click here now. Here are the five questions to ask when hiring a divorce lawyer in Madison.
- What is your prime area of practice? Many attorneys take up a wide range of cases, but you need someone who specializes in family law in Wisconsin. Don’t step back from questioning the lawyer’s profile and areas of practice. Your lawyer should be well-versed with state and county laws and must be locally based in Madison dydepune.
- How much will the divorce cost? Uncontested divorces usually don’t involve extensive work, and many law firms charge a flat fee for such cases. You may have to spend up to $3,000 on an uncontested divorce. On the contrary, contested divorces take much longer and may cost up to $10,000 or more. It is best to get a ballpark or estimate from the lawyer roobytalk.
- How long will it take to get the divorce? Wisconsin has a 120-day waiting period for divorces, but because courts often have a considerable burden of cases, your divorce can take longer. How you and your spouse resolve significant conflicts is also a factor. A seasoned lawyer should offer you a practical overview of how long the process may take.
- How to avoid going for a trial? If there are evident conflicts with your spouse, you may have to consider litigation, but that is not the only option alone. Divorce mediation is something that an attorney can help you with, and you can expect to sit and negotiate with your spouse with considerable control over the process maru gujarat.
- Are you available for the case? Lawyers often have to pass matters to associates because their calendars are full. You need to know if a lawyer is available to take your divorce matter and how you can communicate with them on a regular basis. Most law firms have a team of paralegals and supporting staff members to handle queries, calls, and emails odishadiscoms.